Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Thing #20: A Series of (You)Tubes



I chose to embed this "Origins of Algebra" video uploaded to YouTube by Khan Academy.  Khan Academy has a large catalog of educational videos on almost any conceivable topic in math, science, and economics.  When I have sufficient bandwidth, I could just sit and watch their videos all day; they are that good.

I've had experience using YouTube in the past, and I have to say that the most recent update of the basic user interface is at best lackluster.  Their intention was to make getting to any given video easier, but I have to click through 2 or 3 layers to find what I could find previously in a single click.  Still, YouTube remains the most accessible and widely used video site on the Internet, and has legitimate use in the classroom (assume your school's ISP or tech department doesn't have it blocked).

No comments:

Post a Comment