Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thing #22: No 3-Hole-Punch Required!



I chose to embed the "Geometry Resources" binder, which is a LiveBinder of Lesson Plans & Activities that I could one day use in a Geometry class.  I've started by adding in links for some of the resources I used in my unit on the Triangle Inequalities, and I added a tab for the TN Standards for good measure.  I foresee using something like this LiveBinder for storing all my online activities & resources, then correlating them to the standards for the class.

Another of the LiveBinders I created was a new implementation of an activity I have used before when I was teaching in interim positions.  I allow students to earn extra credit by writing a 2-page biographical sketch of a famous mathematician and describing his/her contribution to mathematics.  Using a LiveBinder, however, I could make this a more organized activity; for example, each grading period I could chose a time period from which to assign each student a mathematician.  The LiveBinder subtab for each mathematician gives students a jumping-off point for their research, and helps me more easily detect blatant plagiarism.  I originally intended to embed this binder as well, but it is rather incomplete at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment